What is Horse Muscle Care?
Horse Muscle Care (HMC) is a remedial and preventative horse massage therapy built on a powerful series of corrections.
HMC will increase performance and greatly reduce the chance of injury by allowing muscles to regain their flexibility, strength and range of motion.
Why use Horse Muscle Care?
Horse Muscle Care is a gentle, non-invasive therapy that can provide immediate relief from injury and stress which means faster recovery for performance or working horses and greater comfort for pleasure horses.
Through injury or repetitive use, muscles become shortened or tight which leads to muscle memory loss; the muscle is unable to return to a relaxed, static state.
In this condition, muscles can tear, cramp or strain. Flexibility, strength and range of motion are decreased and performance and usefulness are lost due to pain.
How does Horse Muscle Care work?
Horse Muscle Care uses a unique combination of points and techniques, utilising gentle pressure, to enable the release of muscle groups.Horse Muscle Care is used as both a remedial therapy to allow compromised muscles to regain their flexibility, strength and range of motion and importantly as a preventative treatment to maintain comfort, performance and flexibility through breaking, training, competition and everyday riding.
While Horse Muscle Care is a powerful therapy on its own, it can be used effectively to enhance the result of many other forms of equine massage.
What are the benefits of a Horse Muscle Care treatment?
Horse Muscle Care provides the following benefits to animals under treatment:
- Fast relief to stressed or injured animals. Treatments are 20-30 minutes long and the results are often instantaneous
- Non-invasive treatments are relaxing to the animal and very gentle
- Improved healing and recovery times
- Lower rate of injury for performance/working horses
- Results hold as long as the animal is not reinjured
- Injury prevention through increased flexibility
- Improved performance due to flexibility, strength and range of motion